Tuesdays with the Trainer

Ok.  So, I told y'all that Chloe and I were going to start working with a personal trainer.  We met her on Thursday, and after meeting, we decided that this relationship might be a successful one.  That meant that today was Day One!



Yes, you heard correctly,  I went to be at 8:30 last night.  "Fortunately," I slept miserably Sunday night, so I was very ready for bed.  Even better, Tony was very excited to watch the BCS Championship Game, so I didn't need to feel like I was missing out on spending time together.  Promptly at 8:30, I was in bed.  Asleep by 8:32.  

My alarm went off at 4:30.  I woke up no problem, and I thought that I was going to have a quiet morning.  Except, as you also heard in the video, Tony decided that he and the dog should get up and celebrate our gym Day One.   As I'm sure you deduced from the video, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  Being awake enough to go the gym at 4:30 am is one thing.  Being excited enough about it to celebrate it is something all together different.

Chloe and I eventually made it to the trainer's house.  (Tony and Cosita went back to bed before venturing out for their run.)  We had a great first session!  The best part?  I was home and asleep by 6:30!  Woohoo!  Even better, I slept until 8:15!!  Clearly, I am a little behind on sleep.  And the most best part (I teach history now, so I can say, "most best.") was by 11, I had completely forgotten I'd even been to the gym!!!  Total victory.

We will see what life is going to look like with this because I can't go to bed at 8:30 pm on a regular basis.  I also can't go back to bed after the workout.   I'm afraid the real world is going to get in the way of my workout goals, but we will see.  This Thursday (like not tomorrow but the next day) we have our 5:00 am hour long class.  And, Chloe has school.  And, I have to be at work.  



Just in case I actually do make this a habit, I took a before picture.  Yes, I understand I'm not overweight.  No, I do not have an eating disorder.  Yes, I have problem areas.  No, I don't want to compare them.

I'm looking forward to feeling stronger, looking toner, and being healthier!  Nothing beyond that!  ;)

Chat later,
L

Comments

Popular Posts