Three-thing Thursday: Thankfulness Edition

1.  A Miserable Workout

This morning, Chloe and I were back at the gym.  I had one of the worst workouts ever.  Not sure what happened.  I did my first set of exercises, and I spent the rest of the hour trying not to puke. Chloe rocked the whole thing and is the picture of endurance.  I didn't go home and cry.  Or call in sick to work.  Or actually puke.  Or swear I am never going back.  This, my friends, is progress!! And, I love that our trainer is pushing us beyond our limits.  Eventually, I did every exercise- not every rep.  But I did more than I wanted to, and that is a win!

2.  An "Early" Evening


Thursdays are our long days.  Beyond being the hour-day at the gym, Thursdays are also the night that we are down in the city.  Last Thursday, we didn't get home until almost 9 which is well after Coralynn and Camilla are in bed.  Tonight, we got home a little past 7:00, so I was able to see Coralynn, hear about Camilla's big news (she got the lead in the film that's being made at school), and I got to help with homework.  Today's weird truth:  I love home schooling, but I hate working on homework.  I can't explain the difference, but I really hate homework.  Today, however, I was thrilled to be available.  I think availability is what I miss most about being a stay-at-home mom.  I have amazing flexibility with my job, but that just is not the same as always being here.  Tonight, counting by tens and adding up dimes made my heart feel full.

3.  A Christmas Present


You may not know that Tony is probably the best gift giver ever.  He doesn't give gifts for every event (which is fine with me), but when he does decide to give a gift, it's going to be awesome.  And he will come up with it on his own. This Christmas, I actually had my own wish list, and Tony surprised me with items off of it.  This dress was one that was on my list.  I love it.  I love that he spoils me.  

I love that today was just an old-fashioned good day.  One of the best things about being an adult is that I really am beginning to truly appreciate a no-frills, no-excitement, we've all had dinner together, good day.

Amen!
L


Comments

Popular Posts