1/11/17

It had to happen eventually.  I always know that it is coming, but I still hate it when it does.  The kids went back to school today.  It's my least favorite kind of day.  I much prefer the kids-are-home-with-me kind of days.  I blame it on their father.  He went back to work over a week ago!  This is no good.
Beyond that, I went back to work today.  It was just a teacher in-service day, but it meant I wasn't able to go to the pool or the mall or do whatever else I did when I had full days free.

It really is funny how we humans are such "grass is greener" people.  We go to work and want time off to relax.  We don't have work, and we get bored.  Or broke.  Or a few pounds heavier.

Ultimately, I'm looking forward to this semester.  There are fewer random vacation days which means we can get in a routine.  The cantata is over which means we have time on nights and weekends.  Plus, there are no sports in season right now.  We will have the time that I so badly wanted in the fall.  Now to make sure we use it wisely.

Because if we do too much, we'll feel overwhelmed.  But, if we do too little, we'll feel like the time was wasted.

And around the circle we go...
L


Comments

Popular Posts