Can you see it?

I love my kids.  Lots of people who know my kids love them.  But, I still wonder if they are as awesome as I think they are.  I want to make sure I don't have a huge blind spot, and the kids are actually horrible.  You know those kinds of kids.  And their parents.  You probably don't like them.  I don't want us to be those people.

Chloe sent me a picture of Camilla that she found online.  And, I love it.  The photo is not a put-on-your-mantle-and-remember-forever kind of picture.  But, it does accurately capture how I see Camilla.  Have a look for yourself...



What do you see?  I see...
- Her sweet innocence
- Her love of life
- Her playful nature
- Her love of an audience


I am so thankful that she is who I see her as- at least for now.  Kids have this way of shifting and growing.  It's half the fun of parenting, and I am so grateful to be her mom. It's a privilege I don't take lightly.  I also don't take it for granted.

Today, during 7th period, I received word that my friend's adult (32 yo) daughter had passed away.   She got sick on Halloween, and she's gone today.  I can't even pretend to know how to react- and even less can I imagine what her mom must be feeling.

The Lord hasn't asked me to, at this point, walk that journey.  And, I pray He doesn't ever.  For today, I'm going to hug my babies a little closer- even if I'm the only one who thinks they are amazing.

Have a good night!
L

Comments

Popular Posts