Thankful (Day 4)

I just want to tell y'all how thankful I am for my friends.

I'm so thankful for real friends and for friends who get real.

After an amazing 2-hour Bible study, I got to spend an hour having lunch with a friend, and then, after Spanish class, I had another hour conversation with a different friend.

I'm just so thankful that my friendships are deeper than selfies and Facebook statuses.  I'm thankful that I've released my middle school desire to be popular and embraced the desire for real.

I think moving relatively frequently and never knowing when the next move will come makes really great friendships easier to make.  Seems counter intuitive, doesn't it?  I know that I may not have a lifetime to make friends.  I know I don't have a lifetime to get to know my friends.  And, they know the same about me.  So anyone who's willing to invest in a potentially very short-term friendship is in it because they want to really be my friend.

And, aren't those the kinds of friendships we want?

So, tonight, after yet another exhausting day, I'm enjoying the content fullness of a grateful heart.

Enjoy your evening, my friends!

I'll see you tomorrow!

Love,
Lisa 

Comments

Anonymous said…

Friends are the "family" YOU get to choose.

Popular Posts