Day 9. Right?

Today started off in chaos.  Chaos isn't my favorite thing.

Our new Spanish teacher started today, and her first class was with Tony at 7:30 am.  AM like in the morning!  7:30 am is before my world begins functioning, but I decided that this was okay because I could hide in bed.

The guards called at about 7:25 to let us know the new teacher was here.  The phone rang much longer than I expected.  Again, I didn't think much of it because maybe Tony was just away from the phone.

I got up, showered, and came out to check on everyone's progress.  Tony was sitting at the dining table kind of doing Spanish.  Next to him was a glass of water and a bottle of Tylenol.  Now, I knew something was off.  Tony does not take medicine.  Ever.  Never ever.

After his class, while Camilla was starting her class, Tony grabbed me and told me we needed to talk.  I followed him into the bedroom, took one look at him, and asked what was wrong.  He explained that he had been running, moved his jaw wrong, and now was in intense pain.  Beyond that, he was nauseous- likely from taking the Tylenol.

I convinced him that he needed to go back to sleep before his 10:00 meeting.  He could call in from the house so sleep was a better plan.  Right?

Right, except the dog can't be out and about while the Spanish teacher is here.  This means she was in the bedroom while Tony was supposed to be resting.  This should not be a problem because she's perfectly calm if someone is with her.  Right?

Right, except the painter came at 9:15, and Cosita couldn't handle that.  Fortunately, Tony can sleep through most anything so the psychotic barking did little more than rouse him from deep sleep.  All's well, right?

Right, except that Cosita was offended that she wasn't allowed to introduce her self to the painter so she either peed or threw up (I didn't want to investigate) all over my closet.  And, adding to that fun, our maid was 90 minutes late coming so I got to clean it up by myself.  (I know.  No sympathy on that one, Right?  Right.)

I eventually got Cosita calmed, the painter painting, and Tony connected to his meeting.  And, I started the kids on school.  

About 10:15 am, the maid walked in.  I heard she and Chloe talking, but I was working on cleaning dog fluids so I didn't see anything.  Then, she turned the corner.  She looked like someone had dumped a bucket of water on her.  I asked what happened.  Short version:  She couldn't get a bus.  She'd been walking to work for 5 hours.  5 HOURS!

I'm complaining about "chaos" and she's just walked for 5 hours to clean up after my dog.  I may need an attitude adjustment, right?


Bob Wolfe said…
Awww! We all have days like that. The dreaded day when everything just doesn't seem to go right. Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to rant about a terrible day. The fact that you empathized with your maid when you heard how bad her day was, only shows how kind you still are. That's admirable. All the best to you! :)

Bob Wolfe @ The Maids of the Triad

Popular Posts