Suzie no en casa.

Review from Day 1:  Homemade Yogurt



Milk after 2 1/2 hours on low and 3 hours sitting.


Crockpot wrapped in love for 8 hours.


Filling containers with the yogurt.


It made a good quantity.


Preparing the pineapple to add to the yogurt for breakfast.



The Verdict:



I think that says it all!!

Okay, so it tastes like plain yogurt which is terrible.  We added pineapple to try to help it.  After trying it, we felt badly that the pineapple gave its life for that.  Uck!!  The process itself was super easy and definitely cost effective here in Panama.  I will probably strain the rest of the yogurt through coffee filters and use for a sour cream substitute because it can run about $1.50 for 8 ounces.

Review of Day 1: Bonus Round- Wringing Laundry



Fun surprise, the washing machine stopped working leaving a drum full of water!



Wringing out clothes so they weren't in the dryer all afternoon.


Little did I know when I started this Suzie adventure that God would send me an extra credit homemaker project!!  I was trying in my Suzie greatness to get all the laundry done yesterday.  We were a fair amount behind because we spent the weekend playing with Tony instead of doing housework.  When I went to get load #4 out of the washing machine, I found it full of water and clothes.  Yuck!!

The Verdict::  Wringing laundry is not my thing.  God knew this and it is why He chose to have me on earth after the invention of the washer and dryer.  (Shout out to Alva J. Fisher for his good work on that!)

The Verdict for the Day:  I'm not Suzie Homemaker  (or Suzie Jo Homemaker- her Southern counterpart as Amelia suggested).  Not only am I not Suzie, I don't want to be.  I love to cook, but I'm not that Suzie baker kind of girl.  I'm frugal, but I enjoy the finer things in life- as this shows, Dannon is a finer thing.  Although I enjoy a challenge, I get no pleasure from straining yogurt through cheesecloth to get sour cream.  If you are a Suzie Homemaker, more power to you!  I'm impressed with you.  I would love to love all the things that you do.  I love the ideas you have.  People suggested I make soap, pillows, tortillas, and bread.  All great ideas that I like the sound of, but I'm not one of you.

So this morning, I decided to make something that LOVE to make.


I made a PURCHASE!!  Chloe is desperately in need (like seriously in need) of some new dresses.  I was able to find a few clearance dresses on Kelly's Kids website that she liked (God smiled on me) and that were in her size.  I'm feeling quite satisfied as a wife and mother now.

Comments

Popular Posts