Funsy Friday- Part 1!

From my facebook status:  Getting ready for the kids' royal ball tonight. I told myself I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. Then, I asked Marvi to borrow a dress for Chloe. Then, she gave me 3. Then, I went to Lori's and got 5 more. Then, I felt badly for Carson, so I went to the mall to get something simple. Then, I decided it needed to be personalized. Then, I went to buy spray paint. Now, I've crossed over into making a big deal about it. I'm one of those moms.

Tonight, at church, is the Royal Ball.  It's nothing more than a glorified parents' night out, but the kids get to dress up like knights and princesses.  Originally, I wasn't going to put much effort into it.  Chloe asked to be a Non-Poofy Princess.  She wanted to wear her Christmas dress- which she hated at Christmas.  I thought that was fine.

Then, at Bible Study yesterday, I asked my friend, Marvi, if her daughter had anything that might work for Chloe.  I'm not really sure why I asked.  I think it comes from my deep-seeded fear of being underdressed for an occassion.  Marvi sent me three of her daughter's dresses.  They were all cocktail dresses.  My under-dressing fear went into hyper drive.  I showed them to Chloe.  She fell in love with them.  She tried them on.  She looked beautiful.   And 20 years old. 

I decided to see what else was out there.  I asked another friend for dresses.  (Because you know we're lacking in girls' dresses here.)  I have 5 more for Chloe to try on after school.  As I was leaving my friend's house, I began to think about Carson.

All he has for the occassion is sword.  I don't buy him much stuff.  I could swing by the mall to see what I could find that would be simple.  Then, my creativeness went into hyper drive.  Spray paint!  That would be the answer.  And special hair things for the girls!

Now, I'm home.  And I'm reminded that I'm not particularly good at getting my visions into reality.  Oh well.  Here goes nothing...



Coat 1.


Stay tuned to see how this all turns out.  I have visions of coconut oil dancing in my head...

Comments

Popular Posts