Friday Update- Monday Morning Style

Blogging and consistency will not appear in the same sentence for me.  Ever.

I really do want to be better with blogging, but so much seems to get in the way.   I have been subbing every so often.  I am in the car too often.  I'm trying to run more often.  Unfortunately, it often just gets pushed to the end of the to-do list.  (Not that I make to-do lists.  Ever)

When I'm running, I come up with so many blogging ideas.  I "write" them while I run, but when I get off the treadmill, I can't seem to bring myself to sit down and blog.  Sometimes, I think the offerings won't be well received, and I'm certainly not looking for drama.  Sometimes, the fear is that the blogs are too personal.  Apparently, not everyone in the family likes having their business strewn all over the web.

Today, however, I have to share this update because it has come as a surprise to me.

This Friday's kids are in school update's title???

I'm Loving This School Thing.

Who would have thought that to be true???  I thought I had a home-school heart.   And, I think I still do.  But, I also have a my-kids-are-thriving-at-school-and-I-just-get-to-be-their-mom-without-also-teaching-them-punctuation heart.

Did you catch that?  My kids are thriving.  They're not just doing ok.  They're thriving!  They have friends.  They are performing well academically.  They are learning that everyone doesn't have to agree to be kind and friendly.  I could not be happier with what the first month of school has brought us.

Yes, we've had bumps in the road.  Chloe had an assignment that I didn't love or feel was necessary.  The school has made some logistical mistakes.  I'm sure I've forgotten to sign forms in a timely manner.  But, really, who cares?  Life is about learning to roll with the punches.  And we're rolling.

And I'm so thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts