A Special Moment.

Camilla told me a few months before we left for vacation that she wanted to get earrings.  I told her we'd wait until we were in the States.  She seemed pleased with that plan, and I believed she wouldn't mention it again.  I was wrong, and I should have known better.  Once this child gets something in her mind, it isn't leaving!  So sweet and so strong willed!

I did manage to forget about it until we were heading to Atlanta for our "girls trip."  Chloe mentioned that Camilla could get them pierced.  We all decided that sounded like a good idea.  Except for Camilla.  She wanted to wait until Grandma could be there.  I thought she'd change her mind.  Again, I was wrong.

I found a place in the mall to do them, but Camilla completely refused.  She wanted to wait for Grandma to be there.  Fine.  I told her we would go in Illinois, but I assumed she was balking.  Wrong.   Clearly, I'm a slow learner.

On Tuesday while we were in Illinois, all the girls went for haircuts.  Well, Coralynn went down for a nap.  I expected the haircuts to take about 90 minutes, but we got done much more quickly than that.  I asked Camilla if she'd like to go get her ears pierced.  She said, "yes."  We headed to the mall.  And, I expected her to back out. 

I know.  I'm the only person not getting that she's actually going to get these ears of hers pierced.  After picking the most expensive starter set- she is my child- she climbed up into the chair for the employees to pierce her ears.


Getting ready.

Not looking so confident.

Being brave.

"Ouch!"

"Serious Ouch!"

All done, but not loving them, yet!

Pretty!

Comments

Popular Posts