Okay. I'm here.

Goodness, I haven't blogged in a while.

It's been a pretty crazy month with lots of important discussions taking place.  My mind has been filled with those, and when that happens, the blog has to wait for my brain to free up some space or I receive permission to share.  Then I got the stomach virus which ended the blogging possibilies for a few days.

Now, I feel all better, and my brain has processed enough other information that I am blog ready!

It's 2013!  Can you believe it?  (Okay, I get that's it has been 2013 for over 3 weeks, but I already told you I was mentally occupied.)

Last year, I chose a word for the year.  Decrease.  That was my word.  Decrease.  And, overall, I feel like it was a decrease kind of year.

As I thought about a word for 2013, the Lord brought my mind back to a prayer time at Bible study last fall.  Two ladies prayed the same word over me- path.  That has to be word for 2013.  Path.

Staying on the path God has for me. 
Avoiding a grass-is-greener mindset.
Walking on this path in God's timing, not my own.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight


As I was praying about the word path, I was explaning to God that I feel like such a square peg in a round hole sometimes.  He spoke to my heart (I don't hear the audible voice of God, if you are wondering, but I know when He's talking).  What did he say?  Well, the southern-my-friend-Mandy translation would be "Girl, who ever told you that you're a square peg?  You are an octagon.  Embrace it!"

So, that's my outlook for 2013.  I need to stay on this path God has for me, and I need to embrace the truth that I'm not going to just fit perfectly, but that God has me exactly where He knows I need to be.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts