August 5.

Instead of starting school this past week, we had a major flood in the school/church building and ripped out carpeting.  So, tomorrow is now the first day of a school, and I am (mostly!) ready to be back at it! 

We've got some major life events going on around here.  Tony's work, financial decisions, school stuff, marriage stuff.  It just feels like this month is going to bring some big changes.  When I was in the US this summer, I told Tony that I had this sense that everything was going to be ok.  Not about this month, but about life.  It's hard to explain, but that overwhelming feeling continues.  Everything is just going to be okay.  I pray the feeling- and our calm- continues.

I wanted to kind of wrap up the review of our summer over the next 2 weeks.  There isn't time or space to go through every location in detail, so I'll just share some of my favorite photos from each of the locations.  Here are the first three!

1.  New York City.

Brooklyn

Times Square

Coney Island

Broadway

Hotel Fitness Center

Statue of Liberty

9/11 Memorial


2.  Central IL/St. Louis

Mattoon


St. Louis

3. Calgary

Travel Reading

First time ever being a just Carry-On Traveler

Banff Administration Building

Mountains


My Favorite Picture of Us Ever

Downtown Calgary

Getting Ready for Stampede Days

Best Meal In Recent Memory
(Bibimbap from Crazy Weed) 


  To Wanderlust meeting Adult Responsibilities,
L

Comments

Popular Posts