Oops!

The power went out about 2:30 this afternoon and still was out when we had dinner at 5:00.  When the power came back on around 6, we decided to make some baked potatoes in the microwave.  We RARELY use the microwave, but I didn't want to wait an hour for the potatoes in the oven.  I washed, cleaned, and stabbed two potates.  I popped them in the microwave, hit the "baked potato" button, and went to my room to check my favorite facebook shopping site.

I heard Chloe say, "Is something burning," so I went to have a look.  I wasn't but a few feet out of my room when I smelled smoke.  A few more steps, and I saw smoke billowing down the hallway, over the door, and out of the microwave.

I quickly shut the microwave off, and we started airing out the house.  Needless to say the potatoes were well past done...

 
as was the microwave...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money Monday!

Great Pairings

So disappointed