March 18

This week was defined by 3 major events: Chloe's Trip, Carson's Birthday, Spirit Week!

Chloe's Trip:




One of the best part of my children's school is that they get to go on "Passport Adventure" trips.  These are trips within Panama that allow the kids to get out of the classroom and explore the country.  Chloe, and the rest of 10th grade, got to spend the week at Playa Venao.  She loved the surfing, stand-up paddling, and sunshine with her friends!  I love who Chloe is.  She just loves life and takes advantage of every opportunity life sends her way!


 Carson's Birthday:


My Renaissance Man is now officially 14, and I could burst with love for him.  We celebrated with a piano lesson, a guitar lesson, and a steak and sushi dinner.  Then we got to talk to family who wanted to share birthday wishes.  Lots of his friends wished him a happy birthday, as well.  Words of affirmation and encouragement mean everything to Carson, so he was so touched by the people who remembered his day.

Carson has a special piece of my heart because of some of the hardships he has had to overcome.  He seemingly does everything well, but I've had a front row seat to some of his struggles and difficulties.  I'm immensely proud of who he is- not because of all the natural potential, but because of the battles he has his faced and won.  He will forever be my little man.


Spirit Week:

(Being Belle)

This past week was Spirit Week at my school, and I LOVED getting dressed up for every theme day.  I LOVED running games and contests for the kids.  I LOVED organizing a breakfast for the school community to enjoy together.  I should have been a cruise director, because I deeply love organized fun and watching people being silly and laugh.  I often write about how much kids like being kids, and this was the perfect week to prove it.

This was also the perfect week to prove the Biblical truth of not putting your confidence in man.  Relationships mean everything to me.  It takes a major infraction for me to write off people and my relationships with them.  You can cause major damage to my heart, and I'll still talk to you.  I can name one person that I've ever blocked from my life.  I am not a believer in boundaries.   I believe that every issue can be talked through and a resolution that maintains the relationship can be found. I don't ever give people the silent treatment.  (Ask Tony- I never give people the silent treatment.  I thinks sometimes he wishes I would.)  

This week, however, I got to be on the receiving end.  And, because I live under a rock according to the people I talked to, I was completely shocked.  Years of relationship history and you won't talk to me because of a meaningless decision.  What?  Really?  People do that?  I was completely unable to process it all.  Hard conversations get to happen this week.  They're something else I don't shy away from, but I'm not looking forward to it.  But my dear friend, Kelly, left the week with a pretty bow for me.  She messaged me out of the blue yesterday to encourage me.  And it worked because people are pretty awesome.

So, as I look back on this week, I smile.  I got to wear really fun outfits each day.  I got to laugh a lot.  I got to sit stuck traffic with one of my favorite people and vent until all we could do was to realize that our lives are not diffuclt.  I got to celebrate one of the world's most awesome teenager's birthday.  I got to have some really tough amazing conversations with almost adults.  And Chloe came home.


To no one every saying it was going to be easy but knowing life will always be beautiful,
L

Comments

Popular Posts