New Year's #2

One of the things I love most about our crazy expat life is that we get what feels like a second New Year's Eve.  We complete the school year in June, and then we take a break from life and vacation during July.  We return to the US and do whatever we want.  (Or whatever we can do around the kids' camps!)

I'll share some of my favorite moments about those soon, but tomorrow, 2017 part 2 starts. Tomorrow is the first full day of school for my students. Life is officially off pause.  Music lessons have started. Panamanian traffic has returned.  There's no sleeping in or staying up late.  Hopefully, exercise will come back soon.

I love the fresh feeling.  I love the new start.  I love all the potential and optimism that a new school year brings.  Everyone is excited, and I thrive on that energy.  I'm not the perky one in the halls right now.  I'm just one of the crowd.  It's amazing.

My prayer for this year, on the night before the first full day of school, is to finish the year well.  I have SO many dreams for this year.  For me.  For my students.  For my coworkers.  For my children.  For my marriage.  2017 2.0 is going to be amazing.  If, and only if, I live everyday with the same enthusiasm that I carry right now.  Lord, let me finish well- each class period, each day, each week, each month.

I also have hopes for the blog.  I want to be back here far more often.  I love blogging every day, so that's going to be my goal.  Stay with me, will you?  We've made it to August.  Let's finish 2017 well and together.

To All Our Tomorrows,
L

Comments

Hi Lisa, I've somehow missed reading your blog the last yr. or so. Not because I wanted to, just didn't register in my mind as I tried to keep up with e-mails and all I do here at home for us. However, I do want to keep up with your blog more the rest of this year. I'll pray you will finish strong each day. I know this will be my pray for me also. I so much want to thank you for taking the time to take me for surgery. That was so special on your part as I'm sure there would have been many more things fun you could have done. I'll be praying for your school year and also for the family as they go to school and work etc. love & prayers, Mom A.

Popular Posts