Absent from the body

2 Corinthians 5 talks about being willing to be absent from the body and present with the Lord.  The verse is often applied to our death and immediate step into eternity.  The past few weeks, the verse has meant something different to me. 

I've been here in my body the whole time.  I've been busy.  We've had normal life stuff, and then, we had the FABULOUS visit with my brother.  It's been a good couple of weeks.  But, my mind has been elsewhere. 

That's why the blog has been so quiet.  I just can't get myself to type anything.  The longer I went between blogs the harder it became to write one.

My mind has been absent from my body- completely consumed with the Lord.  I can't explain it.  This isn't about holiness or religiousness.  Far from it.  I just can't process what the Spirit's given me to work through.

I'm hitting a wall.  Hard and often.  I can't seem to break through with this.

Until I get some understanding of what's in my head, heart, and soul, I'll continue to process, but the blogs will be less frequent.  I'm going to try to keep posting pictures, because y'all matter to our life, and I like to believe we matter to yours.  Know that I'm fine.  We're all doing well.  Really well.

I just need a blog breather.

I know you understand.

Thanks for that.  And for the prayers.


Thought I'd add the song that's been my soul's cry for the past days.  Aaron Keyes sings in Sovereign Over Us that Jesus is "working while we're waiting."  That's my prayers.  Keep working, and keep me waiting for you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I noticed the quiet and prayed.

Popular Posts