Word of 2019.

Happy New Year!!

I know.  I went AWOL last year.  All the writing I did for graduate school sapped my interest in writing more for the blog.  But, trust me, I felt guilty about it most of the time!

For the past several years, I share a word that I feel the Lord has given me that will guide me through the next year.


2012- Decrease
2013- (on a cruise- too busy having fun)
2014- Pain
2015- Live Healing
2016- Run
2017- Beyond
2018- Me

I have spent the last couple days going through online thesauruses (is that even a word?) looking for synonyms for my word.  I know exactly what I mean, but I can't figure out exactly the word.  As I sat down to write this afternoon, I decided I was going with the most simple word because it truly is that simple.

My word for 2019 is..... BRAVE.

This year is bringing some exciting- and terrifying- changes.  I'm standing on a cliff of uncertainty, but the truth is I'm really excited!  Just like I chose to make turning 40 the most fun even though there were moments I wanted to puke with fear, I'm choosing to make 2019 the most fun year in spite of all the uncertainty.


So, as more of the uncertainty gets cleared up, and I have to start walking through real decisions with real consequences, don't ask me how I'm doing.  Tell me that God has a plan that's good.  Tell me that you love me and you're with me.  And tell me that I'm brave.

To 2019,
L

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are the bravest person I know. Also the most capable, most loving, most "get it done" person.

Popular Posts