April 29

A week (or two) in picture review...




Today, my runner kids and Tony left a 4:40 am to meet the cross-country coach for a relay competition.  I got up (again) about 8:00 am and started grading.  And graded.  And graded.  At 1:00, I finished.  Chloe and I headed to the grocery store.  We got home, and I finally had a minute to just be.  And Chicheme took the opportunity to get some snuggles.  He's 6 months and 19 days old.  He's 75 pounds and just the sweetest, fluffiest guy you've ever met!!



Saturday was SUPER exciting!  First, at midnight (EST) I officially enrolled for my first two graduate classes.  I'm pretty (completely) excited to get started!  I had to wear my Hoosiers shirt because I just can't wait to see where this is all going to lead.  Also, Saturday was new hair day!  I haven't done anything new with my hair since November- which is just short of a lifetime for me and my hair!! As you can see from today's picture, I went blonde streaky highlights, and I love them!


Wednesday, I went to a conference for teachers.  I hate these kinds of things, but it ended up being pretty great!!  Even better was getting to laugh with some of my teacher pals.  I really like the people I work with, and I recognize that is a gift not everyone receives.


I missed blogging last week because I was on my cruise with the greatest little blonde girl ever!!  We laughed, ate, made chocolate, shopped, and loved every minute of it!


Though it was my 4th and Camilla's 3rd cruise, it was our first with Royal Caribbean.  We didn't see any grand difference between it and Carnival.  We'd happily take a cruise from any company that would like to treat us.  ;)


We were so upset the first night because there was no towel art.  Really, what's the point of cruising if there's not towel art?  Fortunately, night two delivered this happy little elephant which made us feel all happy!


Camilla and I have always shared a special bond, but the last couple of years have been different. Because of the way life in a family of 6 goes, she and I didn't have the time to really take care of our relationship.  We've done a lot of surviving but not tons of thriving.  I am SO grateful that she and I finally had this time to refresh us.  She really is an amazing young lady.  Sweet, easy going, and completely confident, Camilla is a gift to anyone who gets to be in her life.


While we were gone, these two amazing people went to a fancy charity fundraiser dinner.  I just think Chloe is beautiful, so I'm sharing the picture. 



Spending time without my normal pile of responsibilities allowed me a much needed opportunity to think, and I didn't waste my chance.  I love a good ponder, and I loved being able to think through some issues from the beauty of the Bahamas.  I despise sand (I know you know this about me), but ocean breezes and blue horizons absolutely are my free space.  And I could feel my head clearing.  On our last day in the Bahamas, Camilla and I went for a 2.5 mile kayaking adventure.  We both loved it.  After we got back to the ship, I decided to try the climbing wall that Camilla had been scaling all weekend.  I did it.  Twice.  Easily.  It reminded me that I am strong.  Physically and mentally strong.  That's another blessing that I haven't always known.  My weekend of mind clearing refreshed my spirit.  It gave me confidence and courage to climb a silly wall and to move ahead with my graduate program.  Since I've returned, I've had some difficult conversations that needed to happen.   I've laughed and cried and been overwhelmed with gratitude for the people in my life and the opportunities I've been given.


To moving forward with a refreshed outlook, 
L


Comments

Popular Posts