April 1

Happy Easter!

I pray that your family had an excellent day!  We got to spend time with Georgia friends who came to Panama and Panama friends who are virtually family.  It was a super great day.

This week was Spring Break.  I spent most of the week running errands related to our upcoming immigration visa renewals.  It was not the break I wanted.  It wasn't a break, and I spent the week complaining about it.

At the same time, I was all weepy for our old homeschooling days.  I miss those days so much.  I loved them while they were happening, but I sure would love to go back.  I loved being with my kids all the time.  I loved watching the way my kids interacted with each other.  I loved having time to talk about the big important stuff and the little nothing stuff.  I loved being alone at the pool at 10 am on a Tuesday.

Yesterday, I finally got sun and chlorine.


It was a great life.

And, so is this one.

This week Chloe met with Carson's best friend's mom to talk about careers and colleges.  I love watching her world of possibilities open.  I love her school and how it encourages her to believe that she matters- that she can make the world better.  I love all the talk of European universities and international degrees.

This week Carson laughed, and had us laughing, until we were all in tears.  He is so funny.  He is growing in confidence in himself, and I love listening to his understandings about friends and relationships.  He's going to be a good man.  He already is.

This week Camilla got to go to a friend's house.  She and Carson walked there because I didn't get back from errands in time.  I love how her friendships have grown.  She struggled early on making friends, but that has seemingly ended.  Her chill personality makes her refreshing especially among 6th grade girls.

This week Coralynn exhausted all of us.  She is intense.  Nothing about her is easy going; she's a force to be reckoned with at all times.  There is no satisfying her extroverted desires to be with people- and with candy.  We pray for her probably more than the others, but I have a real sense that she is going to be ok.  Watch out world, she's coming for you, but if you take her on, you'll be better for the experience.

Yes, this week was the pits.  It wasn't restful or relaxing.   We did, however, do the week as a team, and it doesn't get any better than that.

To remembering that the our complaints, in the light of a Risen Savior, are nothing,
L

Comments

Popular Posts