Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon!!

 December 18, 1999, Tony and I were married.  For the next 5 days, as we were on our honeymoon, I threw up.  Gotta love the stomach flu!  Our anniversary trip made up for our miserable first vacation!


After flying first class on Copa Airlines (our FAVORITE airline), we arrived in Las Vegas about 3:00pm.  We went straight to check into the Wynn.


Tony had booked us in the beautiful Tower Suites, and this was the private entrance so the Tower Suites guests don't have to deal with the main lobby.


After we got over the AMAZING room (You Can't Even Imagine This Room), we headed out to explore the famous Las Vegas Strip. This picture was taken just a few steps outside of the Wynn.


When we returned to the room, we found this dessert waiting for us to help us celebrate our 15th anniversary!


We were only on the 25th floor, but the view was amazing from our room when we awoke.  The mountains in the background were breathtaking.


This is Tableau, the restaurant where we had our complimentary breakfast.  Duck hash, lemon ricotta pancakes, egg Benedict.  I could eat brunch for every meal.  


We decided to have A&E day, and we went to the Gold &Silver Pawn Shop made famous on the show, Pawn Stars.  It looks identical, but it is tiny.




We checked out some new diamond rings for me to replace the faux diamond I currently wear, but we decided we had better ideas for the $16000 they were asking for our favorite ring.



After a quick Trader Joe's run, we decided to go walk the Strip.  4.5 hours later, we had had an amazing time, and I was well aware that I was completely out of shape!


Chloe has Paris in her heart so we had to send her the Las Vegas version.



Here we are in the lobby of the Bellagio.  Without a doubt, I'm a huge fan of the Wynn.  If we ever return to Las Vegas, we'll definitely stay there, but I loved the Bellagio and the Venetian,


If Chloe's heart belongs to Paris, mine belongs to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!  So fun to shop an entire store devoted to the love.


Love it or hate it, Vegas is known for gambling so Tony and I decided we just couldn't leave without saying we played a game.  We found an employee who could explain to us how to work the slot machines.  (Talk about pitiful.)  We put in our dollar, pressed the buttons, and doubled our money!  We printed out our voucher, cashed out, and congratulated ourselves for "beating" Vegas!


Everyone says to see the water show at the Bellagio.  It was gorgeous!


Another dessert from the Wynn to celebrate 15 years!

We made the decision that we were too close to the Grand Canyon to not "swing by."  The 4.5 hour round trip was SO definitely worth it!  


It's "so big!"


I'm not sure what I was thinking on December 18, 1999.  I'm positive that nothing I dreamt of compared to the WILD journey our married life has taken.  I'm so grateful for these years and the life we've lived during them.  I'm even more grateful to an amazing husband who has faithfully guided our family through the years.  (And I'm super grateful that he went slightly completely overboard spoiling me with this amazing second honeymoon!)

Comments

Popular Posts