It's the Little Things...

Just feeling the need to rejoice in the little things this afternoon...

~Carson hasn't had a migraine in a few weeks.  
      I didn't share about those because I was so angry he was having them.  My life has been forever altered my migraines, and I didn't want him to walk that road.  He had one in the spring, but then he had 3 in 5 days at the beginning of the month.  Every step I've taken toward clinging to Jesus turned into rage that the Father would allow this for my son.  Carson is doing better; Jesus and I are, too.

~My boss prays for me.
      I've made no secret of the fact that this school year has been terrible for me.  The vast majority of that has been my reactions to events- my mental place.  Regardless of the reasons, it's been a difficult year.  Today, I had a meeting with my boss, and she asked me a pointed question about stuff going on in my life.  She looked me in the eye.  And, I instantly knew she cared.  Yes, she has some vested interest in my answers to the questions, but I know that she prays for me and my family.  That matters to me.  Life is hard.  Working with and for people is hard.  Having people on your side makes it better.




~Coralynn is excelling in life.  Finally.
      Life with Coralynn has been a battle since before she was conceived.  It took medical intervention for me to even get pregnant with her, and it was a fight to maintain the pregnancy.  Then, it was a fight to get her to grow.  And, a fight for her to be able to hear.  It's a fight to get her to not eat candy, and a fight for her to not fight with everyone.  BUT, I think, we might be nearing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.  She's finally feel safe in her classroom at school.  The past two years were fine, but she never really felt comfortable.  This year, she does.  She loves school and her teacher.  She's on the soccer team and having the most fun.  She laughs a lot.  Finally.

(An aside to elementary teachers, the power you hold is indescribable.  You can make or break a child's spirit.  You play a critical role in determining the path your students follow. I don't need you to turn my kids into geniuses.  I don't need them reading at 3 and tech savvy by 4.  I just need you to make sure my babies know that you love them and believe that they are capable.  Thank you to the amazing elementary teachers my children have had.  We are all the better for you.)

The list goes on longer than my time does.

To gratitude always,
L

Comments

Popular Posts