I missed April.

I'm tired of making excuses for not blogging.  I just didn't get around to it.  I'm not even sure what happened in April to do some sort of review post.

I just checked my photo folder.  This picture- from March- was never published.   I never wrote about it.  It was weeks ago.  Let's talk about it...



I love LOVE this photo.  It represents everything that I love about my life.  This is in our family room of our apartment.  I love this room.  It's grey and purple and is so open that we can fit everybody in it.  Here we were with a group from Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry (or something like that.  It's a seriously long, weird-sounding name).  There were 25 of us in the room.  I love having room for everyone I love to fit together.  

If you look in the upper right corner of the photo, you see my huge (it's 4x6 feet) family photo.  I LOVE that picture.  I love that it was taken just weeks before we moved to Panama.  I love that my dear friend, Mandy, took it. I think of her every time I see it.  I most LOVE how Coralynn and Chloe are holding onto each other.  Coralynn is no longer completely dependent on Chloe to get through this world, but I know Bits's independent spirit comes from knowing that Chloe always has her back.

In the middle of the picture, you see Tony and me.  And Coralynn.  I love, that in spite of the moment, Coralynn is playing on my phone.  I love that Tony is holding on to her and me.  I love that I'm holding on to him and her.  We're in this life together, and I love that we're physically in contact with one another.

I love that the Bethel team was praying over us.  I love the power in their prayers.  I love that the power comes from the Holy Spirit and their total confidence that God is hearing them, and they're hearing from Him.  I love that they were prophesying over us- telling us how God sees us.  I LOVE being encouraged through the Spirit. 

I LOVE that we're all squished together.  I love that Trevor is holding onto me and Audrey has her hand on Tony's back.  I love that Chris is in physical contact with both of us.  Our spiritual walks work better if we make it a team effort.  And this Bethel team is now our family.  We hold onto each as brothers and sisters in the Lord.  

The Bible talks SO much about love, and SO often, I feel the church is a horrible representation of that love.  I LOVE this picture because you can see the love.  We're not praying to a distant god who is too busy. or big, to care.  Or too annoyed with you to answer.  Or too angry with you to respond lovingly.

No, in this picture, we are curled up in the lap of Good Father God.  We're in conversation with the Creator of the Universe and the Lover of our Souls.  There is nothing distant about our relationship with God, or each other, in this picture.

So, when will I blog again?  I have no idea.  I'll try to do better, but I won't promise that I will.  I do appreciate each of you who still checks in on this little blog.  You are loved.  By me- and the Good Father.

Comments

Popular Posts