Vacation Review! Day 2!

If you can't tell, I love Los Angeles.  I am city girl who spent entirely too many years living in the middle of a cornfield.  I love the energy of a city, the noise and chaos, the opportunities.  I particularly love Los Angeles because of it's spread-out feel.  I never feel suffocated in LA like I do in Chicago.

This trip I discovered something else I love about LA- the races start at 9 am instead of 7 am.  Now, it's totally possible that every race doesn't start so late, but not having to get up incredibly early on race day is a blessed reprieve for us.

I should probably back up.  Maybe everyone's family doesn't run a 5k on vacation?  That's a shame! I was telling Susan, my SIL, that I wanted to do something different.  I don't love tourist-attraction vacation.  Every so often I enjoy a sight (see below), but I much prefer to do life in the cities we visit. When Susan mentioned the Screenland 5k, my family was all in.  Well, Tony, Chloe, and Carson were all in.  Camilla doesn't run-even if she is being chased.  Coralynn and I are cheerleaders at heart, so we opted out of the race.

Race morning was a less-than-lovely 45 degrees with a lovely rain.  Camilla, Coralynn and I plotted out our Starbucks while the others stretched their hamstrings.  When all was said and done, Chloe had her best time ever (sub30), Tony had a solid sub24, and Carson had the worst race of his life.  He's decided he's never leaving Panama's weather.  But, he still beat Chloe so not all was lost.



(They all got medals.  Tony is just the only one wearing his.)

After the race, we quickly got cleaned up and headed to Baja Fresh.  I can't eat enough fish tacos or guacamole, so it was a lovely lunch.  We had to eat in a rush though because we had scheduled a tour of the LA Coliseum.  It continued to be a nasty day, but we wanted to see the "behind the scenes" of a football field.  Camilla and Carson are mega football fans, and they were excited to know what everything looked like.  

The guided tour was to last 90 minutes, but our tour guide would not shut up.  It ended up lasting over two hours, and I know far more about all kinds of things that I never cared to know about.  BUT, we got to see some amazing sights and got some amazing pictures...


On the field!


Carson in front of his name inspiration- Carson Palmer #3


From the roof of the Coliseum!

A little snuggling in the cold!


Everybody! (with only Tim and Camilla looking very good)

After the tour, we headed to The Grove, aka my happiest place on earth, for some Cheesecake Factory and Sprinkles Cupcakes. 



They were out of my beloved vegan red relvet.  I was forced to settle for peanut butter chip.
#mylifeisnotdifficult.



After dinner, we headed back to Tim and Susan's place for some tea and Oscars.  

And for Carson to fall asleep randomly once again.

Someone asked me yesterday what my favorite part of the trip was.  Without a doubt, hugging my brother was the highlight.  I just happen to really like him, and I don't see him nearly enough.

Until tomorrow,
L

Comments

Popular Posts