Satan Suuuuucks!

I didn't blog last night because I went to Bible study.  I haven't been to Bible study in 7 weeks , but last night it was important for me to go.  I'm not really sure why, but I really felt like I was supposed to be there.

I spent the afternoon finishing (and starting) the homework that I was supposed to be working on over the past 2 weeks.  And, do you know what?  The homework so applied to me that I thought Priscilla Shirer had been hanging out in my brain!!!  So crazy!!  So, so relevant!

This week's focus was peace.  Learning when to use peace, how to find peace, what the Bible says about peace.  And, do you know what?  I haven't had peace in so, so long.  The study moved me to those deep, ugly places that I want to hide, but then I'm so thankful when they are cleaned out!

I got to Bible study, and the power immediately went out.  At that point, I knew Satan was on the move.  (That should have been enough to convince me to get ready for battle, but I'm kinda slow.  I just got annoyed.)  Eventually, the power came back on, and we got down to the business of Jesus and peace.

One of the ladies there attends church with us, but I don't know her very well.  She was sharing about how her immigration struggles have been robbing her of peace.  At that point, I knew we were kindred spirits.  I respond (in review, I WAS THE ONE WHO RESPONDED) that the antidote of missing peace isn't more information but focusing on Truth.  (like from Jesus, truth).

Rest of study is swell.  I go home filled up.  I sleep great.  I wake up encouraged.  I go to work feeling swell.

And, then that lousy stupid Satan decided to test my peace.  And, DO YOU KNOW WHAT?

He won!  He freaking won.

And, do you know what topic we were discussing that made me lose my peace?????

Guess...  For real- guess!!

Exactly!!!


We were discussing changes in the immigration law!!!


Not even 12 hours later, the very topic we were using as an example of how we lose our peace stole my peace!!!!

And, do you know what???

It made me sick to my stomach with anxiety.

Until.

Until, the Holy Spirit lovingly slapped me upside the head.

He reminded me that I learned LESS THAN 12 HOURS BEFORE how to deal with the attacks from Satan.

I went from nauseous to pissed faster than Coralynn can take out a box of nerds.  (And to know Coralynn is to know that girlfriend can take out a box of nerds.)

I told anyone who would listen (and 2 people who weren't listening) about my screw up.  No way Satan was going to leave me in anxiety.  He needed to hear me tell people that his little scheme had worked for a minute- or 35- but that it wasn't going to work again.

Because, do you know what?

He sucks.

So there.
L


Comments

Popular Posts