Sept 16

It was race day today!!  The only thing more exciting than today's race day was that yesterday was migraine day for me.  I haven't had a migraine in a couple of years, and though it was a baby migraine, it still wiped me out for the better part of the day!

Umm.  Look sideways?


Fortunately, Chloe and I were able to go for a hike before the migraine took hold.  Have I mentioned lately that I really like having older kids?  Babies are cute, but older kids are where it's at!  I loved talking to her about her college plans and life goals.  I love that she makes fun of how slow I walk, but she still agrees to go on hikes.  I love that when I started getting the vision problems that precede my migraines, she prayed for healing without me asking.  Yes, I am going to miss her when she goes to college, but those emotions are nothing compared to how excited I am to get to have a front-row seat to her life.

Fortunately, the good Lord led someone to invent Excedrin migraine, and I was ready for this morning's 5k!  I had my slowest time so far, but I had the best time.  I felt good.  I enjoyed the moment.  I didn't have any GI issues!  Woohoo!

Even more exciting was finding out that Carson had won his age division!!   2. Hours. Later, the medal ceremony took place.
Isn't he adorable?!?

Watching my kids accomplish their goals is my absolute favorite part of this parenting gig!  It's my perfect reminder that struggles are real, but they have an ending.  And the ending makes it all worth it!


To a new stretch of migraine-free days and getting in the miles,
L

Comments

Popular Posts