Wishes

Camilla came home from school the other day talking about a class discussion they had.  They topic was eternal life or endless money- which would you prefer?  Camilla, because she's a 40-year-old stuck in a 10 year-old's body, decided she wanted endless money (and I quote), "because if I had eternal life then I would spend my entire life saying goodbye to people I love who didn't have eternal life.  Why would you want to live like that?"  Right.  That was my answer, too.

But, the question did get me thinking.  Not about money or lifetimes, but about my wishes.  What would be my dream come true?  Not a genie kind of dream, but a really possibly probably impossible dream.  It took me about 2.2 nanoseconds to know the answer.  That was Monday, and I still haven't changed my mind.

If I could have one wish, it would be to work with Tony.  How pitiful and grown up is that?

Let's clarify right away.

I do not want to be an accountant.

I. Do. NOT. Want. To. Be. An. Accountant.

No one wants me to be an accountant.

But, I do want to work with Tony.  I want to be in the workplace with him.  I want to see him in his element.  I want him to see me in mine.  I want to have lunch together.  Or to pass each other in the hall.  Even riding to and from work together would feel like a dream come true.

I don't need to be independently wealthy so that we can quit life and travel the world together.  That feels shallow and excessive.  And pointless.  (Though I definitely want to travel and see more of the world together.  With the kiddos.)

I just want to work together.

Why does something so seemingly little so seemingly huge?

That's the pondering train I'm on for the weekend.
L

Comments

Popular Posts